At Shri Gurunanak School, education is not just about gaining knowledge in mathematics, language, science and Social Science but more about identifying and developing awareness about one’s self and the world around us. The course outline is a judicious mix of rich Indian culture with the best learning methodologies from around the world, ensuring all round education and creating a zest for learning in the very lap of nature, away from the commotion and pollution of the city.
The curriculum is designed to develop the passion for learning among students, shaping their character and preparing them for further education. It will also shape their career aspirations, readiness to take on the responsibilities of an adult and a citizen, and their ability to overcome challenges in life and be successful in their own way.
Presently, there are classes from Kindergarten (starting at Age 3 onwards) to Standard IX. During the Secondary School education years, we concentrate on an Education that Develops a Broad Range of Skills for Life. We believe in developing each child into a Lifelong Leaner, an inspiring Leader, a confident Global citizen and above all AN ACHEIVER!
The school aims to impart important soft skills to its students such as right attitude, aptitude for continual learning, specific behavioral skills and encourages innovative thinking. The broader aim is to bring out the hidden potential of every individual child so that they can fulfill their ambitions and goals in life.
SHREE GURUNANAK SCHOOL follows the curriculum prescribed by National Council for Education Research and Training (NCERT). We are affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
Child Modulation Techniques
- Designing of a practical curriculum that promotes all-round development of the child with proper values
- Use of modern multimedia and technology aided learning techniques to excel in academics
- Regular yoga and meditation classes at the beginning of every day to integrate body, mind and soul to create a harmonious learning environment
- Introduction of co-curricular activities like dance, music and martial arts in addition to games, sports and gymnastics to boost their physical growth and latent energy
- Organize cultural events and healthy competition at regular intervals to express their creativity and sharpen their competitive spirit.
Multiple Intelligence Theory
- Each person possesses 8 different kinds of intelligences – linguistic; logical; spatial; bodily-kinesthetic; musical; interpersonal; intrapersonal and naturalistic – Each one is unique in itself
- Most people can develop each intelligence to an adequate level of competency – Excel in one’s own discipline
- Intelligences usually work together in complex ways – Cultivate capabilities and talents
- There are many ways to be intelligent in each category – Approach a concept, subject matter or discipline in a variety of ways
- Student-teacher interaction in the form of discussions (questions and answers etc.)
- One Multiple Intelligence is not superior to another – Equal importance is given to every intelligence
- Depends on environment and opportunity – Believe that Multiple Intelligence provides many windows into the same room
School Octave Concept
- Content – designed to achieve real understanding in multiple ways
- Teachers – teachers to undergo continuous training and development throughout the session
- Class – technology enabled classroom and environment
- Assess – continuous and comprehensive evaluation to assess a child’s real understanding
- E-school – use of school management software and creating a paperless office
- Parents – achieving active parental involvement through workshops and seminars
- Enrich – implementation of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities and programs
- Child – resulting in the creation of a SMART CHILD – attainment of our ultimate objective